Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things I do In my Sleep

I have to open tomorrow so it's an early night for me.
  • Went on a date with Zach.
  • Came home.
  • Took a shower.
  • Painted my nails.
  • Messed that up so had to get the nail polish remover out. 
  • And almost puked from the smell because I remembered I drank nail polish in my sleep once.
So now I feel like the only logical thing to do on this early night in is to think about all the things I do in my sleep.

For instance--
Last night I ate chocolate. I found this out when Zach saw all of the wrappers next to his bed and said "Whoaaa you ate a lot of chocolate last night."
I counted the wrappers-
  • One milk chocolate truffle
  • One white chocolate truffle
  • Two squares of peanut butter milk chocolate
  • Oh and I washed that down with half a bottle of mountain dew
That's pretty regular though. Chocolate and cookies. Occasionally there's a granola bar thrown into the mix. And always a mountian dew to go with it. No wonder I always wake up feeling fat! That wouldn't happen if I didn't stuff my face in my sleep.

I try to stay away from gatorade though. I had a bad incident with it in my sleep when I was younger. I woke up in the middle of the night with my body drenched in what I thought was sweat. As I became more aware of the situation I smelt this so called 'sweat' and got a whiff of fruit punch.
My fruit punch gatorade.
All over me.
And my sheets.
I slept on the floor the rest of the night.

But by far the worse accident involved finger nail polish remover. The smell of it still makes me sick.
It really was an honest mistake, I wasn't trying to kill myself or anything like that. In the middle of my sleep I went to grab something to drink on my night stand. I had accidentally left a bottle of finger nail polish remover on the night stand where my drink usually goes.

The next thing I know I'm in the bathroom puking and dry heaving for about an hour. It felt like my chest and stomach were burning. I could just imagine the little bubbles forming inside of me and burning holes throughout my intestines while I puked whatever else was left up. But eventually I felt okay and brushed my teeth a few hundred times to get the taste of it out of my mouth. I don't think I went back to sleep that night. That's the sole reason my night stand now only has drinks on it. No more finger nail polish remover.

So next time you see me and my finger nail polish is all chipped don't judge me. I can't remove it. I'll repaint my nails when the paint on my fingers is gone.
Well I have to go to bed. Wish me luck on eating healthy tonight.

2 comments:

  1. You actually eat in your sleep?? Or do you eat before you fall asleep? I used to sleep walk all the time when I was a kid. I would never remember it, but my mom would always tell me about it the next day. Sometimes I would get out of bed, go to the kitchen, and have a snack and talk to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah tahts what i do too. i sleep, go get food and then lay back in bed. in the morning i find wrappers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete