Monday, November 30, 2009

My three year old nephew, Jayce, gave me a kiss the other day and said , "Now we're married."
We both laughed for awhile.

Then we talked about what he wanted for his birthday. Everything I named off he wanted. He'd be happy with a box of crayons.

To kids everything is new and exciting. Money doesn't matter. Kids really just want to be loved. Also, everything is funny to them. They don't worry about things.

When I was sick one day he gave me a hug and ten minutes later asked if I felt better. Things are that easy to them. It's all much less complicated for kids.
It made me think how I always am waiting for the next thing, not living in the moment. I'm like most people in the fact that when I was younger, and even now, I am always looking foward to what will happen in the future. I think about how when I get older I'll be able to do more things.
Yet, now I'm thinking I wish I was three.
Three year olds are much more carefree.
  • Being able to eat a cookie makes it a good day.
  • Money doesn't matter
  • No work, all play
  • There is so much to learn, everything is new
  • School is fun at that point
  • Footy pajamas
  • Weigth and appearance don't matter
  • It's so easy to put a smile on everybody's face
  • You can get away with saying stupid things
So I've come to the decision that I don't want to grow up anymore.

If anybody askes, I'm three.

No comments:

Post a Comment